Dr. Kats has 2 types of chromium, carb stop, and carb stop plus. The carb stop is GTF chromium, while the carb stop plus is Chromium Polynicotinate. Both are great for lowering blood sugar and increasing the bodies response to insulin, however, the main difference between carb stop and carb stop plus is yeast. GTF Chromium which is carb stop promotes better absorption than any other form of chromium because it’s high in brewers yeast. The difference between carb stop and carb stop plus is the absorption. GTF chromium, which is carb stop plus, has much higher absorption but it also high in brewers yeast so those people who are prone to yeast infection, like thrush and candida should be taking carb stop plus.
- Chromium is used for improving blood sugar control in people with prediabetes, type 1 and type 2 diabetes, and high blood sugar due to taking steroids and HIV treatments.
- Improves the body’s response to insulin or lowering blood sugar in those with diabetes.
- Helps reduce hunger, cravings and binge eating.
- Helps insulin transport glucose into cells for energy
- Chromium may assist in maintaining bone strength, especially in women prone to osteoporosis, or the gradual deterioration of the bones brought on by age. Chromium does this by preventing calcium loss
- Lessens the symptoms of depression by increasing tryptophan transport into the brain, which is a precursor of serotonin.